Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grandma's Tou-fu Dessert

I am running around China and Hong Kong now. I stay with my brother while in Hong Kong.

One day, my brother and I were strolling around town. He suddenly exclaimed with joy, "'Grandma's Tou-Fu Dessert' has moved to here!".

"Grandma moves around a lot. She makes the best tou-fu dessert in town. There is always a long line in front of her store. There is always another tou-fu dessert store opens across her store, hoping to pick up those who can't wait." My brother said.

"You can see Grandma's price is HK$5 per bowl and the competition sells at $3. Yet there is no line in the competition's store."

Of course, we rush to Grandma and get a bowl of the tou-fu dessert.

"Why does Grandma move all the time?" I asked.

"Landlord finds Grandma doing great business and thinks she may stay even if the rent is raised. So Grandma moves and amazingly, her business is always great regardless where she moves to." My brother replied.

"What contributes to Grandma's success?" I asked myself.

It could be:
1. Grandma is in good luck period
2. Grandma's secret skill of making tou-fu dessert
3. Good Feng Shui (but this seems not the case here, Grandma just moves around, most of the time, move into the locations of failed business!)

Yesterday, I had a tou-fu dessert in another region of the city. The dessert tasted as great as Grandma's. The store is at the exit of a subway station (very good "water" or human traffic). But the store does not have a long line or doing as well as Grandma's.

So I conclude luck is more important than Feng Shui, just like the popular saying about the main determinants of destiny-- "Fate first, Luck second and third Feng Shui"

Do you think Grandma should hire a Feng Shui Master to select a store location for her?


Ken Lai

"Practical Date-Selection Methods (incl. XKDG) w/ 12 hr. video
"Practical Imperial Qi-men-Dun-Jia" w/ 10 hr. video
"Daoist Talismans for Feng Shui & Blessing" w/ 12 hr video
"Practical Door Feng Shui for Wealth" w/ 3 hr. video
"4-Pillars Forecasting Bootcamp" with 12 hr. video

http://www.kenlaifengshui.com/
http://kenlaifengshui.blogspot.com/ My Blog site