Thursday, February 25, 2021

Of Mouse and Me

Here in Minnesota can get very cold in Winter.  Temperate was -30C or lower just last week ago.  It is not unusual to have "uninvited guests" coming into my house during winter---- mice.

I have two cats.  But they cannot stop mice from running around my house.  These mice are 2- 3 inches big and run under the stove and fridge.  My cats are too big to get under these spaces.  Hence I reluctantly use mouse traps to handle this problem.

So far this year my mouse had neutralized one mouse and my cats had caught one alive (and played with it!)  I had released the live mouse back to the wild.

Two nights ago, I had heard the loud noise of mouse trap activation while sleeping.  I checked the trap about 10 hours later and found the head of a field mouse (or "deer mouse") got caught by the trap.  It looked motionless and dead.

I want the mouse to rest in peace.  I had used a plier to release the mouse from the trap spring mechanism.  I saw the mouse body moving slightly!  It is not dead .......yet.

I think as a matter of time, this poor mouse will move on to see its creator.  I want it to move on in comfort and hopefully move to a better realm and afterlife.  So I put it in a transparent candy box and mattress it with "Pureland Mantra Wheel" talismans (往生淨土咒, for purification of negative karma and rebirth in Pureland).  



A friend had gifted me a digital Sutra player a few years ago.  I put this player in front of the mouse and simply turn it on.  It plays a sutra chanted by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.

A few hours later, this mouse was sitting up and raising its head!  I put a few drops of water into the box and it had sipped the water.  Later I put a few bread crumbs to feed it.


20 hours after rescuing the mouse from the trap, I took it to a park nearby and released it.

This mouse had jumped out quickly when I opened the box.  It had stared at me for about 2 minutes and then turn around and jumped away. 

Live your life, little mouse.

PS.:  I am curious about the Sutra this mouse had heard.  The sutra name "Namgylma Mantra" (尊勝佛母心咒) was imprinted on the digital sutra player.  According to the awakenstate.com,  "This mantra is practiced to increase merit, longevity, and wisdom, and particularly to clear the hindrances of untimely death."  

© 2021 Ken Lai, all rights reserved.

Video Correspondence Courses: (click for details)
“Visual Bazi: Wealth Secrets and Maximization” w/ 18 hr. HD video
“Advanced Visual Form Feng Shui” 2021 w/23 hr. HD video
“Visual Form Feng Shui” w/13 hr. HD video
“Applied Bazi: Sickness Forecasting and Management” w/33 hr. HD video 
“Destiny/Luck Mgmt. 1: Forecasting and Decision Support” w/32 hr. HD video
“Destiny/Luck Mgmt. 2: Basic Bazi Therapy w/18 hr. HD video
“Destiny/Luck Mgmt. 3 w/ Advanced Bazi Therapy w/18 hr. HD video
“Feng Shui Toolbox: Sha-qi, Health/Wealth and Career” w/ 7 hr. HD video
“Period 7/8 FS Toolkit w/ Advanced Flying Star techniques” w/ 6 hr. HD video
“Practical Date-Selection Methods 2021 (incl. XKDG) w/ 12 hr. video
“Practical Imperial Qi-Men-Dun-Jia 4G” w/ 12 hr. video
“Professional Imperial QMDJ 4G” w/ 21 hr. video
“EZ QMDJ series: Astrology, Date/Task Selection, Annual Luck/ FS”w/ 3 hr. HD
“EZ QMDJ Advanced Feng Shui” with 4 hr. HD video
“Daoist Talismans for Feng Shui/Blessing” w/ 24 hr video
“Practical Door Feng Shui for Wealth” w/ 3 hr. video
“4-Pillars Forecasting Bootcamp+ 2021 edition” with 18 hr. video

http://www.kenlaifengshui.com