Thursday, April 29, 2021

Touch by Little Angels

My city has many parks.  One of them has a small memorial garden inside called "Angel of Hope".  It does not house any tombs but has a floor made of memorial bricks.  Each brick is engraved with the name of a deceased child or baby.


I took a walk in this garden yesterday.  Flowers are seen laying on the floor by the relatives, likely parents of these babies and children.


I read the inscriptions on some of the memorial bricks.  Some babies here had lived a day, a few days, a few months or a few years.  These babies are not forgotten but immortalized by their love ones here.  They will live in the memory of their love ones forever.


I feel like being touched by these little angels as I read their names.  Suddenly I felt a strong sense of calm and peace as I read the inscriptions.  All my earthly problems and fear become insignificant if compare to what these little angels and their love ones had gone through.   I think these little angels like me reading their names.  I guess it may feel like a pat on their heads.


You may read the inscriptions from the photos here to see if you get some peace of mind.

A strange thing happened when I drove back home after leaving this memorial garden.  I drove through seven traffic lights without getting a red light.  Maybe some little angels had make all traffic lights green for me.

RIP

Ken Lai
http://www.kenlaifengshui.com